Saturday, March 15, 2008

#2

I know for me that when I look at a week coming by I think how much stuff, how many things I have to do but when the week is over I can’t remember any of it, or even worse it feels like I got nothing done. It feels so weird it’s always like I have so much to do yet I find a way to fit in watching probably over 25 hours of TV a week and more or less for the internet (since my computer is right by my TV). I realize I watch A LOT of TV but I see it as staying current because I watch a little bit of everything. Plus it’s cold outside. I know then I could be reading or writing but I do that to. Late at night when I go to my room to watch the tele instead of the living room I read and write while I watch CNN or BBC. So see even though the amount of TV I watch is really bad I manage to fit in the good stuff. I also listen to a lot of music on my radio and computer, but those things bring me joy. For the part about time spent with family does it count that we usually watch TV together and my house is SMALL so we end up talking anyways.
Now shopping that’s a whole other story. I’m broke, broke and broke so I can’t shop and even when I have money I’m so cheap none of it goes towards clothes or shoes or anything like that unless I really need it. Don’t get me wrong because I love to window shop by myself but maybe because I like to walk and clear my head and there are so many stores around my house. Shopping is something I don’t really think about unless I’m looking at a magazine and I see something really cute. But lately I have been eco conscious and have been trying to by more eco friendly. Which is hard but more and more stores are getting organic sections on their sites sooo…it’s cool.
I think that I do spend enough time doing the things I love. I make documentaries on social issues which make me feel good and like I’m apart of something. When it gets warmer I plan on spending a little more time out side hopefully if I don’t have to much work. But anyways I know I’m getting bombarded with stuff and ads telling me to buy and what I need and this and that but I feel like I have seen enough films and know enough that I’m not that influenced. At the same time I’m a girl I like to feel cute when I’m facing the world. I don’t think TV watching or shopping is bad as long as you know your limits and your aware.

3 comments:

Erlisa said...

It's good that you're keeping yourself up to date with current events. CNN & BBC are two of the best news broadcasters, and they're honest. I think you spend your time wisely, you're watching TV but you also go out and enjoy yourself.

Doctor X said...

I think news in the U.S. are a joke these days--mostly opinion. Again, as a fan of PBS (see my latest blog entry: http://docxsgreenblog.blogspot.com), if I want to have a glimpse of what's going on, I watch their news (and BBC World). But I frankly don't, because the news these days just depress me...

The World said...

I have to agree with you watching tv is not bad as long as you watch good shows. As I mentioned in my posting, I used to watch too much tv, but now I only watch NY1, CCN, National Geography, and the history channel. I also try to read books when I can. I think that what you wrote is right because if we not what is good for us, we most likely do the right thing. What do you think?