Saturday, March 8, 2008

How I affected the earth this morning

Well I did the usual things got up turned on the radio took a shower and brushed my teeth got out of the shower turned on the televison to see the wheather. cooked some breakfast turned the t.v. off turned the radio back on but then I turned my computer on to check my mail and to chat al little. I guess i just did about 100 things to the environment. I submitted C2O into the air when I turned my electronics off put then again I unplugged the things my family wasn't using (im really neuratic about that i unplug everything). my shower ran a little long i admit but i turn the water off while brushing my teeth and the radio get turned on so does my t.v. but I only watch the t.v. for 2secs to catch the wheather. So i guess I try to balance my stuff out. I walk everywhere if I can't then I take the train hate the bus and I think they should come out with more eletric ones. I recently recycled batteries but that goes beyond the what i did this morning anyways i probably did like 20 thing combineed with my families 30 things mean we hurt the earth but its kind of hard not to anyways to be continued....

3 comments:

Jocelyn Perez said...

Yeah, once we take the time to jot down all of the things we did this morning, which is usually a ritualistic pattern followed every other morning, we realize how much we really inflict on our environment. Setting our habits aside,we acknowledge the collective and their effect as well. One family brushing their teeth, showering, washing dishes, flushing toilets...talk about water consumption. Then, we narrow down the times the light goes on and appliances, etc. So it can be overwhelming. I am glad you do your part in trying to help the situation. If more people just walked the fifteen minute distances instead of driving, pollution levels would shift dramatically. Its healthier anyway, right?lolz And I could of sworn that the MTA said that more hybrid buses would be made available...guess not anytime soon. =) Jocelyn

Doctor X said...

I am with you. We should revolt. We should go to the streets. Even if it is to demand that City Hall stop stooping to the taxi drivers and allow more pedicabs in Manhattan. ANY action is better than none.

Fletcher said...

Your sentiments are pretty standard - we all know we do things to damage the planet, but we just don't tend to think about it. Hell, I never recycled a thing until about five years ago.

And like you say, even if you're aware of what's happening, that doesn't stop the rest of your family (or mine, or anyone else's) from doing the damage for us...