Sunday, May 18, 2008

...And this is what I thought

The paper I was assigned to read was well written but a little confusing. I did get the main idea of the paper, which was “This paper aims to report the social and environmental significance of the destruction of the Amazonian rainforest.” I feel like maybe the thesis should have come sooner. I felt like for the first few paragraphs what is this, why is this, what is he getting at. The writing was really good though it was just that it wasn’t connected to anything. There were few spelling mistakes.
The paper was interesting, and I really like the points that were brought up the part that I liked the most was “When Christopher Columbus discovered American, it was not only the reveal of unseen sites, it was the encounter of two worlds with different world views”. I think you have a nice way of wording things.If you try to connect the topic with whoever your aiming this at it will be good.

1 comment:

Doctor X said...

Rhodine, you were assigned TWO papers: one you had to choose yourself from what was available. Please find one such draft and add it to your blog.