Monday, May 26, 2008

easy/hard: things i should do

Really easy for me to do

Trash Bags
Seeing as I already reuse them. My family uses them as trash bags or to carry lunch in or for any thing you can think of. I feel like yes I don’t take the plastic bags sometimes when they are offered but sometimes I do because we store them for rainy days.

Brushing My teeth
I can do this because I already do : ). I am so fanatic about this that sometimes I run up on my family and close the water as they brush their teeth. They get annoyed and slam it back on with more water rushing out then before.

Transportation
I take public transportation or I walk. This is probably the hardest of the easiest since as we all know public transportation in New York is not the most reliable thing in the world. Walking I find fun when I have the time. I get to think and clear my mind.


Copier
I can try and reduce the energy by using standby. Just have to get the other workers to do it to.

Printers
AT my job we already print on the other side or double print things. Especially if we printed out 16 pages of nothing we just put it back on the blank side and no problemo.

Things that are really hard to do

Composting
I would love to do composting but it would be hard since I live in an apartment and would have no where to put the dirt plus composting as I understand it smellsand that wouldn’t work in a small apartment.

Toilet
This might be the hardest of the hard because as fanatic as I am about shutting off water my parents are about flushing the toilet. I mean it is pee the number two is getting flush sorry world its not staying in my toilet. But yea my parents won’t allow the yellow to mellow. (sorry f you didn’t get that last bit, there is a saying that goes: If it’s brown flush it down if it’s yellow let it mellow or something like that)

Light Bulbs
My daddy buys those and yes one time I did get him to buy florescent light bulbs once the expensive kind and they popped after about three weeks (so much for them lasting longer). So it’s kind of hard to convince them to buy differently.

Sorry but most of the things I can’t do because I live in an apartment and who has dishwasher or a dryer and washer machine, not me. And as for my air conditioner my mom won’t dare turn it on because of the high bill we get so I’m stuck in the heat.

One thing that I will commit to doing right here right now is maybe the compost it would be fun and interesting to try out and start my own little garden. So peace out folks hope you liked : )

3 comments:

Doctor X said...

I think Jocelyn was talking about a new composting system that was really easy and virtually odor-less. Ask her about it

NancyP said...

you are right i agree with you i think that it would be fun to do so and have a small garden...that sounds great.

*Ms. Nisha* said...

yes I agree about the toilet. It really bothers me when people forget to flush the toilet. I think it's nasty. Plus I always tend to accidently drop things in the toilet and I don't mind quickly grabbing it from plain water, but if it were yellow, brown, or red even (not trying to be disgusting), I would have a fit!
The thing that i would commit to is brushing my teeth w/o the water running. Yes this is very small but at first was haerd for me to do because the sound and the feel that it gives me gets under my skin. It's like the feeling many people get when someone scratches the blackboard. That's how I feel. started w/o water a few days ago and Iam proud to say that slowly but surely this is starting to diminish. Yay for me lol!!! :)